Credit Accounts allow extending credit to external entities, such as wholesalers. They can also be used as a prepaid only account similar to a prepaid credit card.
Credit Accounts are created in the Quick18 Admin. The first time you create an Account (of any type) you MUST launch the Quick18 TeeSheet App on each clover device that will be used to process Credit Account orders. Opening the App enables the custom tender and adds the “Q18 Account” button to the payments screen on the device.
To tender orders to a Credit Account click the “Q18 Account” custom tender button on the payments screen and select the Credit account in the list to charge the payment to. All available Account types are shown in this list. You can narrow the list by choosing which Account Type or search via Account or Customer name.
Individual orders tendered to a Credit Account increase the Balance Due for the Account. Orders are listed within the Account Activities in the Quick18 TeeSheet app or within the Quick18 Web Admin. You can bill the account holder separately on a recurring schedule.
Credit Account Setup
Creating Credit Accounts
- In Quick18 Web Admin click the POS tab and then select the Accounts [ Credit ] sub nav.
- Click the “Create New” link under the page title
- Complete the form fields and click the Add button (field descriptions below).
Customer. Customer associated with the Account
Name & Description. Event name and description are required fields to aid in the selection of the correct event account within the Clover POS.
Status. Credit Account statuses are:
- Pending – not selectable for tender
- Open – selectable for tender on the Payments screen and Line Item Account in Clover
- Closed – not selectable for tender
- Cancelled – not selectable for tender
Statement Start Date. The start date for billing statements to occurs.
Statement Frequency. How often billing statements are generated.
Credit Limit. This sets a maximum amount that can be charged to an account (Leave blank for no limit). Setting the credit limit to 0 would require prepayment in order to Tender orders to an Account.
Note. Any notes for the credit account.
Default POS Payment Item. If checked the Quick18 App will create only one Clover POS Inventory Item named “Credit Payment”. This same Item will be used for all Credit Account Payments that have “Use Default” checked.
If unchecked a custom Inventory Item will be created and used for this account only. A text entry box appears which allows you to specify the custom Inventory Item name. If left empty the Item will be named “Credit Payment: Account Name”
Enabling custom tender type in Clover
To enable the “Q18 Account” custom tender type in Clover you must open the Quick18 TeeSheet Clover application ON EACH device that will tender orders to an Account. You first need to create at least one Account (of any type) in Quick18. Once an account exists the Quick18 TeeSheet application will initialize the custom tender type upon next open.
If you do not open the Quick18 TeeSheet application at least once on each device the “Q18 Account” tender button will not show up
on the Add Payment screen in Clover.
Charging orders to a Credit Account
Adding Credit Account Payments
Each Account will have a POS Inventory Item associated with it. Payments to an account are made by purchasing this Item. You can initiate a payment from the Quick18 TeeSheet app or directly from the Register.
Paying from the Quick18 TeeSheet App
- Start the Quick18 TeeSheet application in Clover.
- Locate and click the Account in the Accounts list.
- On the Account details page click the Add Payment button.
- Enter the amount of the payment and click OK to proceed.
- An order is created in Clover with the appropriate POS Inventory Item. You are taken to the order payment screen in the Register app.
- Complete by processing the payment using your merchants accepted payment methods.
Paying from the Register App
- Open the Register App.
- Select the the appropriate POS Inventory Item and enter the amount of the payment.
- If the same Payment Item is used for two or more Credit Accounts you will be prompted to select which account to apply the payment to. Locate and click the account in the list then click the Apply button.
- The item will show on the order with the amount selected and the account it applies to.
- Complete by processing the payment for the order using your merchants accepted payment methods.