Event Accounts are intended to be setup for hosted events such as a wedding or party or corporate outing where payment is made by an individual or company and not the event guests. The event can be billed with one or more invoices when it is complete.
Event Accounts or “Events” are created in the Quick18 Admin. The first time you create an Accounts (of any type) you MUST launch the Quick18 TeeSheet App on each clover device that will be used to process Event orders and payments. Opening the App enables the custom tender and adds the “Q18 Account” button to the payments screen on the device.
To tender orders to an Account click the “Q18 Account” custom tender button on the payments screen which loads the Account Select screen. Find and click the Event in the list to charge the payment to. All available Account types are shown in this list. You can narrow the list by choosing which Account Type or search via Account or Customer name.
Individual orders tendered to an Event increase the Event’s Balance Due and are listed within the Event Activities. You can bill your customer separately and apply one or more payments for the entire event balance.
Creating Event Accounts
- In Quick18 click the POS tab and then select the Accounts [ Event ] sub nav.
- Click the “Create New” link under the page title
- Complete the form fields and click the Add button (field descriptions below).
Customer. Event customer is used to track multiple events for a single customer
Name & Description. Event name and description are required fields to aid in the selection of the correct event account within the Clover POS.Status. Event Account statuses are:
- Pending – not selectable for tender, typically means a future event
- Open – selectable for tender on the Payments screen in Clover
- Closed – not selectable for tender, typically means the event is completed
- Cancelled – not selectable for tender, typically means the event was cancelled
Event Dates. The date the event occurs. The sort order of listed events is determined by days from the Start and End date of an event. Lesser values appear higher in the list. Payment Due date is used as the start date when calculating AR aging reports.
Credit Limit. This sets a maximum amount that can be charged to an account (Leave blank for no limit). Setting the credit limit to 0 would require prepayment in order to Tender orders to an Event.
Notes. Any notes for the event.
Default POS Payment Item. If checked the Quick18 App will create only one Clover Inventory Item named “Event Payment” which will be for all Event Account Payments that have “Use Default” checked. Uncheck and a custom Inventory Item “Event Payment: Event Name” will be created for this account only.
Enabling custom tender type in Clover
To enable the “Q18 Account” custom tender type in Clover you must open the Quick18 TeeSheet Clover application on EACH device that will tender orders to an Account. You first need to create at least one Account (of any type) in Quick18. Once an account exists the Quick18 TeeSheet application will initialize the custom tender type upon next open.
If you do not open the Quick18 TeeSheet application at least once on each device the “Q18 Account” tender button will not show up on the Add Payment screen in Clover.
Charging orders to an Event Account
- From the Add Payment screen in clover click the Q18 Account button in the Other section
- Click the appropriate Event Account from the list to charge the order to.
- Confirm your choice in the popup dialog by clicking Charge
Adding Payments to an Event Account
- Adding payments to an Event Account is started via the Quick18 TeeSheet application in Clover. Open the Quick18 TeeSheet application and click on the Accounts menu option.
- Clicking the Event Account from the list you wish to apply payment too takes you to the Event Account details page
- The Add Payment button on the Event Account Details screen prompts you to enter the amount of the payment. If there is a balance due it will be displayd on the enter amount popup. Enter the desired amount of the payment and click OK.
- Next an Event Payment order is created in Clover and you are taken to the Add Payment screen in the Register app. Completing
the payment will take you back to the Event Account Details screen with the newly added payment listed in the Account Activity section.
- To prevent further orders from being charged to the Event you can set the Event Account status to Closed in the Quick18 Admin.